Overview of Ecuador
A country rich in natural and cultural beauty, Ecuador has something to offer everyone. Some of our favourite places to visit on itineraries include:
- Quito – Ecuador’s gorgeous capital, and the first city to be designated a World Heritage site because of its well-preserved historical centre. Our accommodations in the heart of the old town allow for an easy walk to the squares, churches, and museums. Other attractions, such as the Botanical Gardens or art museum of Oswaldo Guayasamin, are a short drive away;.
- Amazon Basin – whether a short visits to the near Amazon (Misahualli area) or a deeper dive close to Yasuni National Park, the most biodiverse place on Earth, we can set you up with the right experience to allow you to take in the vast biodiversity of flora and fauna found there and spend some time in a local Indigenous community to learn about their fascinating traditions;
- Otavalo – the wonderful Indigenous town famous for its market places full of handcrafts, offering tremendous daytrip opportunities to enjoy the nearby leather markets of Cotocachi, the sacred waterfalls of Peguche, and many other places worth visiting.
- Baños – the fun spa town that draws people in to enjoy the natural medicinal hot springs, lovely landscapes, a diversity of adrenaline sports, breathtakingly beautiful waterfalls, excellent international dining options, and easy access to the Amazon.
- Mindo – the small village in the lush cloud forests where EarthTreks began and now hosts travelers and group retreats at our retreat centre. It is one of the world’s top birding hotspots, and also draws people in for adrenaline sports, wonderful cultural activities, and small village culture in an idyllic natural setting. Our friends and family there make is an extra special experience.
- and so much more (get in touch for the longer list).
We can put together any length trip based on whatever you would like to see and experience, your budget, abilities, and most of all, your interest and passions. We have over two decades of experience in this small yet vast country, and it is our pleasure to introduce you with one of our specialized guides and unique itineraries, or arrange a flexible plan that allows you to travel independently without the planning. All done as sustainably as possible. It all starts with a conversation, with no commitment beyond helping you to start planning.