EarthTreks Strives to be Environmentally Responsible in Canada & Ecuador – One Way is by Being Bullfrog Powered!
EarthTreks tries to make every effort to run our business in environmentally responsible ways. That always starts with reduction – energy, paper, garbage, etc. It also includes using hotels and restaurants on our tours that are locally owned rather than international chains, sourcing local products, and likewise working to incorporate environmentally responsible practices in their day-to-day business, such as offering water for bottles to be refilled.
Our offices in Ontario are powered by green power through Bullfrog Power. I thought I would share an email recently received from Bullfrog, in case you might consider bullfrog powering your home or office – it’s easy, not too expensive, great for the environment, and doing great things in Canada, as you can read from the email below:
—————————————- From Bullfrog Power:
This year, as we celebrate the 150th anniversary of Canadian confederation, we are proud to reflect on what the bullfrogpowered community has accomplished together throughout the years. We continue to increase the amount of green electricity and green natural gas on our energy systems, we support the development of new, community-based green energy projects across the country, and we make our country a better place together through our leadership and collective determination to transition Canada to a low-carbon future.
The 2016 Green Energy Audit Report, produced by Deloitte, can be found here. For the first time, in addition to green electricity and green natural gas, the Audit also includes Bullfrog’s new green fuel product, which was publicly launched in the fall of 2016. With the addition of this new product to Bullfrog’s existing portfolio, customers are now able to address all of their energy-related greenhouse gas emissions in one comprehensive green energy solution.
In addition to sourcing green energy from across the country on behalf of our customers, Bullfrog Power has been able to contribute financial support toward the development of 115 community-based renewable energy projects. Projects that received financing last year include a solar power system with the Kanaka Bar Indian Band in B.C. and a solar installation on the Kew Beach Public School. We also provided funding to Newfoundland-based Iron & Earth East, an oil sands worker-led group pushing for green energy investments and renewables training for traditional energy sector employees who are out of work.
The Green Energy Audit Report ensures your green energy purchase enabled renewable energy to be produced and injected into the respective energy systems across Canada and the environmental benefits associated with that energy was accurately counted and credited to you, helping to mitigate your impact on the environment. It also verifies:
- Our green electricity was sourced exclusively from new, EcoLogoM certified low-impact renewable facilities located throughout Canada;
- Our green electricity offering met the Quality Criteria as set out in the World Resource Institute’s GHG Protocol – an international guideline on best practices for addressing your energy footprint through the purchase of green power;
- Our green natural gas was sourced from facilities that meet strict environmental standards as defined by ICF International;
- NEW: Our green fuel was sourced from facilities whose products meet the definition of renewable fuels by Canada’s Renewable Fuels Regulations under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act or who produce according to the US Renewable Fuel Standard; and
- Our annual contributions to community green energy projects across Canada, including the type and province of the projects.
Thank you again for your commitment to green energy and for continuing to demonstrate environmental leadership among your customers, clients and communities. If you have any questions about our Audit, call our toll-free number at 1.877.360.3464 or contact me directly at email@example.com.
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Bullfrog Power Inc.
366 Adelaide Street West, Suite 701
Toronto, ON M5V 1R9
t: 416.360.3464 x232